Monday 23 April 2012

The rides in between the showers

April in the Pennines has been very cold and very damp. But there have been a couple of moments worth getting the camera out on the bike.

Had a glorious time zooming round the mountain bike trails in Gisburn Forest with my better half. Nice picnic by Stocks Res too and some fun watching the more hardcore riders on the big jumps showing off for everyone.

Stocks Reservoir
The Yorkshire Dales

Afew cycle commutes and some very changeable weather. But at the weekend despite the wet forecast, a cycling mate & I got some fantastic rays on a beautiful ride from Carnforth to Preston via Lancaster and some of the Lancashire Coastal Way.
There was a scary moment when I heard barking and of the corner of my eye saw a hound racing for me. A nano second later and I realised it was a big fat labrador, phew... it wasnt going to catch me and also wasnt all that scary.

The ride was a good mixture of on & off road with a challenging section between Glasson & Cockeram where there was a path about 4 inches wide to try to stay upright on... few feet of drop to the right and an incline to bash the peddles on to the left for a good few hundred yards. That took some concentrating! Definitely memorable tho.

looking towards Lakeland Fells from the Lancaster Canal
Lancaster from the Lune Aquaduct

Sunderland Point

No comments:

Post a Comment