Saturday 10 August 2013

Spicing up the working week

The new route home from work is amazing. Off road, right over the hill. It takes a little longer than by road, but I have sheep instead of cars to contend with (for the most part), beautiful views and the countryside to myself.
The King's Highway

It's 32 miles as the crow flies from this point to the coast, but you can see the sea & Blackpool tower as you climb the hill.



It's a rough old track up to the summit of Great Hameldon, beautiful views down the Rossendale Valley and over Clowbridge Reservoir. From this point it's 3 miles to descent 885feet to my front door (that's a good downhill). 


I love freewheeling downhill - I imagine it's what it must feel like when a dog sticks its head out of a car window as it zooms along.


I'm looking forward to trying this out in different seasons, though not sure it will be a viable commute in the ice or when the days are short (but I'm going to try!)

No comments:

Post a Comment