Monday 15 October 2012

Old favourites & new tracks

After a long week in work I was relishing cycling to meet up with the family friendly sector of my cycling club, I woke up bright and early and donned a winter cardigan and my gloves.

I cycled a hilly 6 miles to the meet point. The roads were quiet and the autumn mists were beginning to clear.
Jubilee Tower, Darwen

A friendly troup in a car waved as they passed me - Brian and his family were going to beat me to the start point!
I enjoyed my coffeeneuring challenge brew stop and caught up on news since my holidays.


One of our younger riders was now off the tagalong and on his own bike so our route would be determined by how his stamina was holding up.








A good turn out of 14 riders braved the chilly autumn morning to ride along the muddy riverside track. And some people even braved cycling through the ford a couple of times - I chickened out, but as I was taking this photo, one young lady cycled through & I got splashed! Brrrr!!

White Coppice


I admired this old Peugeot's handlebars - not seen any like this before, so I had to take a picture :-)


We looped back to the tea room for more brews and cakes before I parted for my solo return ride along a disused railway and some farm tracks that Brian had suggested I try to get onto the canal further along. It was a lovely new area to discover, albeit muddy and cow patty in places, my boots were a right state when I got home.
Brilliant fun.

Abbey Village Reservoir


1 comment: